Founded in 2014, Liquid is a leading global fintech company that operates Liquid.com, a global cryptocurrency platform that provides trading, exchange and next generation financial services powered by blockchain technology. With offices in Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, and now the USA, Liquid combines a strong network of local partners with extensive team experience in banking and financial products to deliver best-in-class financial services for its customers.
Today, Liquid is the world’s largest crypto-fiat platform by transaction volume, regulated in Japan. Powered by the World Book, which provides customers enhanced price matching and deeper liquidity for various fiat and cryptocurrency pairs, Liquid offers trading services for major cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum against fiat currency pairs in Japanese yen, US, Singapore and Australian dollars, and euro.
As part of the Liquid roadmap, Liquid is developing a range of new features and services including a distributed ledger, which will allow other fintech companies to build their products and services on distributed ledger technology.
In the span of two years:
- September 2017 – Liquid became the first global cryptocurrency exchange to be officially licensed by the Japan Financial Services Agency.
- October 2017 – Liquid became the first licensed global cryptocurrency exchange in Japan to launch a global Initial Coin Offering (ICO), also known as the Qash Token Sale.
- November 2017 – Liquid successfully raised 350,000 ETH (approximately USD105 million) through the sale of 350 million Qash in an oversubscribed ICO, to fund the growth of the Liquid platform.
- September 2018 – Liquid’s historical trading platforms, Quoinex and Qryptos, were merged and relaunched as Liquid.
- July 2018 – Liquid’s trading platforms exceeded USD50 billion in transaction volume in the past 12 months.
- October 2018 – Liquid was featured in KPMG’s Top Fintech 100 list.
- April 2019 – Liquid achieved tech unicorn status in the first close of our Series C fundraising, with a valuation of over $1 billion.
- May 2019 – Launch of the Liquid Pro mobile app.
More than just a cryptocurrency exchange, Liquid offers powerful trading features which include:
- Margin trading of up to 100x leverage for select crypto-fiat pairings.
- A sophisticated user dashboard for pro traders.
- Secure cold wallet storage and KYC compliance for individual and corporate customers.
- Proprietary World Book technology that matches orders across global order books, providing access to liquidity pools sourced by a unified platform, Liquid.com.
- Liquid Infinity, a Bitcoin Contracts For Difference (CFD) product that provides up to 100x leverage.
Track your crypto
You can track your cryptocurrency portfolio, digest news, set price alerts, and much more on Crypto Pro – The all-in-one crypto tracker.